Over a Century of Handcrafted Excellence
Hope’s Windows was founded in Jamestown, New York and was originally known as the International Casement Company, Inc. Business commenced with seven employees and its first order for the Prudence Risley Hall at Cornell University.
International Casement merged with the importing business of Henry Hope & Sons, Inc. of New York to become Hope’s Windows, Inc. The company continued to manufacture and sell steel window products, including the sale of products manufactured by Henry Hope & Sons, Ltd.
During World War II, Hope’s normal business was halted and its factories were equipped for war work. For four years Hope’s manufactured a variety of marine equipment in steel, aluminum, and bronze and in October 1944 it was awarded the Army-Navy ‘E’ for outstanding production of materials for war.
Hope’s merged with three other corporations and became known as Roblin Hope’s Industries, Inc. Roblin Hope’s continued to manufacture and sell steel windows under the Hope’s tradename and trademark. In 1975, Roblin Hope’s merged into Roblin Industries with Hope’s Windows continuing to operate as a division of Roblin Industries, Inc.
Hope’s Architectural Products, Inc. acquired all of the assets and business of Hope’s Windows from Roblin Industries. Hope’s Architectural continued to manufacture steel window products from the same manufacturing facility in Jamestown where the company began in 1912. In 1998, Hope’s Architectural changed its name back to Hope’s Windows, Inc.
Hope’s is the largest steel window manufacturer in the world with over 230 employees, two full-time shifts, four manufacturing plants, and a dedicated testing and R&D facility on our Jamestown campus.
Throughout its long history, Hope’s steel windows and doors have been synonymous with longevity and quality. From the development of truly visionary design concepts through an unparalleled finishing process, Hope’s is the first choice in premium quality steel and bronze windows and doors.